Sunday, February 28, 2010
Tao Te Ching Chapter 28-8 Protect Darkness
Protect its darkness. (Ch.28)
Stay with Dark Depth 玄 [gen], which is Tao.
How can we do that?
1. Learn the limit of male attitude. No direct action.
2. Keep female attitude. Do nothing, and your hologram will transform itself.
3. Be the valley. Be void. Being void means accepting all.
4. Then, you will remember that you are Tao. This is constancy.
5. Be like a baby.
6. There is neither black nor white. No dichotomy 二見なし [niken nashi].
(The male and female attitudes above have nothing to do with men and women. They are simply expressions used by Lao Tzu to express certain types of behavior.)
-Valley under the sky 28-4
-Attainment of constancy 28-5
-Protect Darkness 28-8
-Valley, male, female 28-9
-Under the sky 28-10
-Constancy attainment 28-11
-Uncarved block 28-12
-Chief officials 28-14
-The greatest control 28-15
-Tao by Matsumoto / Tao Te Ching / Chapter 28
Tao answers your question!
Previous video / Ch.28 text / Next video
-Darkness simply fascinates some. Surely it does the Japanese. In darkness, probably, we find some little fairies profoundly rooted in Shintoism. At the same time, we fear darkness. We transformed Shinjuku from the darkness of water purification plants to the pleasure world of flood of lights. Have the Japanese erased the darkness completely there. Not at all. On the contrary, plenty of people are attracted by the darkness of human existence in illuminated Shinjuku.