Thursday, June 30, 2011
Tao Te Ching Chapter 78-1 Water summary
Nothing in the world under the sky is softer and weaker than water. (Ch.78)
If you don't know what to do, be like water.
Let's summarise the water-like attitude.
1. Believe you are influencing all like flooded water. (☞See Flooded water 34-1)
2. Give benefit to all. (☞See Water benefits all 8-2)
3. Stay at the bad place. (☞See Water stay at the bad place 8-3)
4. Believe true You are Tao. (☞See Water is close to Tao 8-4)
5. Don't compete. (☞See Water never errs 8-5)
6. Don't worry even if you feel as confused as muddy water. (☞See Muddy water 15-10)
7. Treat your hologram as if water treats a fish. (☞See Fish and Water 36-7)
8. Be soft and weak. (☞See Soft and Weak 76-6)
9. Accept all.
10. Don't resist. No resistance!
-Water summary 78-1
-Water's attack 78-2
-No change 78-3
-Be weak 78-4
-Be soft 78-5
-Everyone = You 78-6
-No one acts 78-7
-State filth 78-8
-Bad omens 78-9
-Tao by Matsumoto / Tao Te Ching / Chapter 78
Lao Tzu answers your question!
☞«Tao Te Ching» Key word comparison (21) / -A famous proverb "Soften the light. Be like dust. 和光同塵" - Let's see how they translate 挫其鋭 解其紛 和其光 同其塵 in Chapter 4. The identical sentences are repeated in Chapter 56. In Tao by Matsumoto these are discussed in Chapter 56 / How to be One with Tao. / Both in «Tao Te Ching: A New English Version (Perennial Classics)», on the left, and «Tao Te Ching: An Illustrated Journey», the expression above is not found in Chapter 4. Stephen Mitchell is the translator. / "With it, the sharp edges become smooth the twisted knots loosen the sun is softened by a cloud the dust settles into place" On the right, «Tao Te Ching: The New Translation from Tao Te Ching: The Definitive Edition (Tarcher Cornerstone Editions)» translated by Jonathan Star.